Is this Leadbetter?

Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 19:11:49 von daveholo

Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
straw hat.




Dave

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 19:39:07 von paperclip

Doesnt look like Leadbetter at all to me.

Matt


"daveholo" <> wrote in message
news:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>
>
>
> Dave
>

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 19:42:42 von jeffc

"daveholo" <> wrote in message
news:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>

Not Leadbetter.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 20:17:48 von daveholo

I didn't think so ... but I wasn't positive.

I was just curious as to who would be offering swing tips to the number
2 female golfer in the world ... and why either Leadbetter or her
father would let it happen.

Anyone recognize the guy?

jeffc wrote:
> "daveholo" <> wrote in message
> news:
> > Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> > straw hat.
> >
> >
>
> Not Leadbetter.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 20:38:25 von sfb

Not old enough to be Leadbetter.

"daveholo" <> wrote in message
news:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>
>
>
> Dave
>

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 20:38:50 von jeffc

"daveholo" <> wrote in message
news:
>I didn't think so ... but I wasn't positive.
>
> I was just curious as to who would be offering swing tips to the number
> 2 female golfer in the world ... and why either Leadbetter or her
> father would let it happen.

Probably one of his many minions from his stable of teaching professionals.
He has a big business, you know. When you go to a Leadbetter school, you
wouldn't actually get taught by him.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 20:59:07 von 3putt

Not Ledbetter. He isn't sponsored by Callawy is he? This guy is probably
30 years younger than David.

"daveholo" <> wrote in message
news:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>
>
>
> Dave
>

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 22:29:46 von daveholo

jeffc wrote:

> Probably one of his many minions from his stable of teaching professionals.
> He has a big business, you know. When you go to a Leadbetter school, you
> wouldn't actually get taught by him.

Oh, silly me ... I had no idea he ran a big business. ....
C'mon, Jeff ... I understand you and I wouldn't get his personal
attention ... but Leadbetter wouldn't use the fact that we were his
students to promote himself, either. I would assume that his
"marketing prestige" golfers would get his personal attention.

Everything I've ever heard about golf instruction implies that you find
ONE GOOD instructor and don't listen to anyone else. Someone else
teaching the Leadbetter concept is not the same thing as Leadbetter
teaching the Leadbetter concept. Different eye, different
communications skills, different perception and observation skills ...
a Leadbetter minion is not the same thing as Leadbetter

If I was Michelle Wie's manager (her Dad) and I was paying for
Leadbetter, I wouldn't let anyone else near her. Of course, maybe
she's not paying for Leadbetter himself. But since ... and I'm assuming
.... Leadbetter gets some mileage out of having her as a student, she
must get some of his personal attention. Seems like that would mean
she's got multiple people giving her advice. I'd say the odds are
against that being a good thing, even if he's a certified Leadbetter
academy instructor. It would be totally ridiculous for anyone else -
like maybe a practice round partner or something - to be giving her
swing tips.

Dave

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 13.07.2006 23:54:29 von bighorn_bill

daveholo wrote:
> jeffc wrote:
>
> > Probably one of his many minions from his stable of teaching professionals.
> > He has a big business, you know. When you go to a Leadbetter school, you
> > wouldn't actually get taught by him.
>
> Oh, silly me ... I had no idea he ran a big business. ....
> C'mon, Jeff ... I understand you and I wouldn't get his personal
> attention ... but Leadbetter wouldn't use the fact that we were his
> students to promote himself, either. I would assume that his
> "marketing prestige" golfers would get his personal attention.
>
> Everything I've ever heard about golf instruction implies that you find
> ONE GOOD instructor and don't listen to anyone else. Someone else
> teaching the Leadbetter concept is not the same thing as Leadbetter
> teaching the Leadbetter concept. Different eye, different
> communications skills, different perception and observation skills ...
> a Leadbetter minion is not the same thing as Leadbetter
>
> If I was Michelle Wie's manager (her Dad) and I was paying for
> Leadbetter, I wouldn't let anyone else near her. Of course, maybe
> she's not paying for Leadbetter himself. But since ... and I'm assuming
> ... Leadbetter gets some mileage out of having her as a student, she
> must get some of his personal attention. Seems like that would mean
> she's got multiple people giving her advice. I'd say the odds are
> against that being a good thing, even if he's a certified Leadbetter
> academy instructor. It would be totally ridiculous for anyone else -
> like maybe a practice round partner or something - to be giving her
> swing tips.

Leadbetter's minions are all indoctrinated with the Leadbetter method.
I doubt he is teaching her anything that Leadbetter himself would
disagree with. At this point, they are just fine-tuning. I'm sure
David
has, and will spend time with her, but he can't be everywhere all the
time. He does have a far-flung business to manage. If he is
unavailable,
one of his instructors is the next best thing. I'm sure this guy has
watched
David work with Michelle before, and knows what David wants her
to work on. Likewise, I'd be surprised if David didn't watch this guy
work with Michelle before handing her off, and undoubtedly discusses
the lessons with him. They could even have the lessons videotaped
for David to review.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 14.07.2006 01:56:19 von annika1980

daveholo wrote:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>
>
>
> Dave

No, not even close. Try Mitchell Spearman. For years he was
Leadbetter's #2 man at his schools.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 14.07.2006 02:12:15 von Big Bobby Clobber

daveholo wrote:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>
>
>
> Dave
>
Can't be Leadbetter. Pants are not hitched up to his armpits. Can't see
his giant feet, but I'm still pretty sure.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 14.07.2006 02:19:01 von daveholo

annika1980 wrote:
> daveholo wrote:
> > Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> > straw hat.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Dave
>
> No, not even close. Try Mitchell Spearman. For years he was
> Leadbetter's #2 man at his schools.

Thanks for the info, Bret. Do you know if he still works for
Leadbetter - a special consultant or something? I'm just curious if he
was "officially" working with Michelle. Googling him shows that he has
his own academy, but I suppose I could see where Leadbetter might
recommend a first-choice alternate when he's just not available.

Dave

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 14.07.2006 04:14:20 von jeffc

"daveholo" <> wrote in message
news:
>
> Everything I've ever heard about golf instruction implies that you find
> ONE GOOD instructor and don't listen to anyone else. Someone else
> teaching the Leadbetter concept is not the same thing as Leadbetter
> teaching the Leadbetter concept. Different eye, different
> communications skills, different perception and observation skills ...
> a Leadbetter minion is not the same thing as Leadbetter

No, I certainly don't think he'd be teaching her anything different. I just
assumed it was set of eyes who was completely clued into what Leadbetter
wanted with Michelle. Probably more than one person has been with
Leadbetter and her at many different times. For cryin out loud, I caddied
on the Nationwide Tour, and my player would ask me to look at his swing. I
was basically just the eyes to tell him if he was doing what his coach was
asking him to do. It's really not rocket science.

Re: Is this Leadbetter?

am 14.07.2006 17:00:18 von pete z

daveholo wrote:
> Maybe I just don't recognize him in a cap rather than the customary
> straw hat.
>
>
>
>
> Dave


Who cares?